Sunday, January 18, 2015

Book Review: The Faerie War

The Faerie War, the third and final book in the Creepy Hollow series by Rachel Morgan, brings all the events in books one and two to a raging conclusion. The Faerie War picks up where the Faerie Prince leaves off with Vi trying to get her memory back. When she wakes up in The Underground, she struggles to remember the previous events, her past life and even the basics of her Guardian training.

As a fan on Vi and Ryn (and of course the entire series), I just wanted to see them together again as soon as possible, so for me the story started off too slow. However, the events in the beginning and leading up to Vi remembering who she was are vital to the story. The slow beginning was easily forgiven as soon as Ryn and Vi  met up again. And I certainly enjoyed watching them get to fall in love all over again.

However, there is so much more to the story than Vi and Ryn. We watch as Vi realizes what she must do to end this Faerie War. She realizes that she needs to fix a wrong from the past, which is why the slow beginning is so import. She must survive captures, adventures and her own struggles in order to succeed. Don't miss this exciting conclusion.

After reading this series...twice...I admit I am a lifelong fan of this series and the author. I follow the author's Creepy Hollow Pinterest board ( and if you are a fellow fan, you will love this board too.)

As with any well written series, I often hope for more. I'm curious to see what happens in the future and the direction Vi's career and life takes. Maybe some day. But for now, this series wraps up well and is worth the read. Even with a full time job, kids and household duties, I finished this entire series in less than 2 weeks. If you are unsure about starting the series, take my advice and read it. You won't be sorry.



No comments:

Blog Archive

Children's Author

Analytics